Methods of Payment
Currently our payment methods include PayFast and Bank EFT.
This is a safer and easier way to send and receive money online. When you select PayFast as the payment method, you will be linked to the PayFast site where you can make payment. PayFast can be used to purchase items by Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), Debit Card, or E-check (i.e. using your regular Bank Account).
1) After viewing your items on your shopping cart page, you can click and check out with PayFast. Then you will leave our site and enter PayFast’s website.
2) You can sign in to your PayFast account, or you can create a new one if you haven’t got one.
3) You can use PayFast according to the on-screen instructions.
Payment is traceable. By using your PayFast account, you can trace the status of your payment.
When you make payment for your order, you don’t need to use your credit card online (you can transfer directly from your bank account). When you use your credit card through PayFast, nobody will see your credit card number, which will minimize the risk of unauthorized use.
Should you wish not to use a merchant payment gateway such as PayFast, you can still pay via direct Bank EFT. We shall generate and invoice to you and upon receiving the funds in our bank account, we shall process delivery.
Please note that payment via direct Bank EFT can take up to 48-72Hrs depending on banks and day of the week.
Confirmation, Risk and Ownership
Should you pay for the online purchase order via EFT the products will only be delivered to you once your payment has cleared in the Company’s bank account and is reflected as a payment on the Company’s bank statement.
By submitting an order to buy Products you:
- represent and warrant that you are over the age of 18 (eighteen);
- represent and warrant that you are authorised to make payment via the mechanism of your choice;
- consent to us providing your personal information to our third party payment provider, which is necessary to enable us to perform our obligations in terms of this Agreement.
In order to protect our interests as well as yours, the Company may scrutinize transactions to prevent attempted fraud. A transaction may be refused if the Company is not satisfied that it is legitimate.
Orders placed on the Site constitute your offer to purchase Products subject to this Agreement. Your offer is deemed to have been accepted by the Company when payment is received via the payment portal, from the issuing bank in the case of payment via Credit Card, or when your payment reflects on the Company’s bank statement in the case of payment via EFT. Failure by the Company to formally confirm or notify acceptance shall not affect the validity of the sale or the enforce-ability thereof.
Risk in the Products shall pass to you upon delivery of the Products at the delivery address chosen by you. Until payment is received in full for any goods sold, ownership in the Products shall remain with the Company and such Products shall be returned and/or surrendered, at your cost, to the Company following receipt of a default notice from the Company.
Agreement of Sale and Cancellation
If you would like to cancel an order this may be done by emailing the Company on firstname.lastname@example.org
You are eligible to cancel an order under the following conditions:
- Orders placed weekdays PRIOR to 12pm MUST be cancelled by no later than 3pm on the same day as production processes and planning for the next day are put in place before 4pm. Our manufacturing processes work on a JIT manufacturing system and thus requires sufficient notice to stop an order before it enters the queue.
- Orders placed weekdays AFTER 12pm MUST be cancelled by no later than 9am on the following day, if it’s a weekday, or by 9am Monday, if the order was processed AFTER 12pm Friday or on the weekend.
- We are only in a position to cancel your order prior to start of producing artwork and or manufacturing of the product. No penalty charges will be levied against cancelled orders prior to the aforementioned cut-off time. The Company will, however, be entitled to recover from you the direct cost of reversal of charges incurred.
- Should your request to cancel an order not meet the requirements set out above and you still wish to cancel your order already in artwork/design and/or production stage, the Company shall be entitled to recover from you the applicable setup fee, raw material costs and transaction cost of reversal of charges incurred, the refund costs for the transaction.
The Company shall be entitled to retain any payment already received from you in respect of delivery fees where a Product has already been delivered to you prior to your cancellation of the order, as set out above. You may return a Product, at your cost, provided you have the original invoice/proof of purchase and the product is new, unused and/or unopened.
If you cancel your payment for any reason or if your Credit Card should cease to be valid for whatever reason, you will nevertheless be bound to pay to the Company the full purchase price, including all costs incurred by the Company in respect of any Products already delivered to you, and which you have not returned to the Company as set out above.
Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies in law, the Company shall be entitled to cancel forthwith any sale and/or your registration if you should breach any of your obligations.
The Company cannot always guarantee availability of stock. Stocks of all goods on offer are limited. The Company shall use its reasonable efforts to discontinue the offer as soon as stock is no longer available.
Under no circumstances will the Company be liable to you for failing to supply Products ordered by you if the shortage of stock or capacity is due to circumstances beyond the Company’s control. In such circumstances the Company will take reasonable steps to inform you of the shortage of stock or capacity as soon as it is practicable to do so.
Due to exchange rate fluctuations, the actual price that will be charged to your credit card may differ slightly to the price listed on the website. Our Product prices are shown in South African Rand (ZAR) and VAT is charged at the current rate (15%) and your purchase will be charged in ZAR. According to the exchange rate on the day the order was processed, the amount charged will convert accordingly.
Duties and other Taxes
GAP Essentials is NOT responsible for any charges that may incur during transit. Please be aware that every country has individual custom laws and policies, any extra costs are out of our control and cannot be foreseen. Contact your nearest customs office should you need any help.
To the extent that the Products are altered contrary to the instructions, or after having been delivered to the delivery address stipulated by you the Products or property in which the Products are installed have been subjected to misuse or abuse, the Company and/or manufacturer of the Products will not be obliged to honour any warranties applicable to such Products. Warranties do not apply to ordinary wear and tear.